Ritu Chaudhary Hearing and Speech Clinic
How do I know if my child needs speech and language therapy?
At Ritu Chaudhary Hearing and Speech Clinic, the speech language therapist takes a thorough assessment of every child. After that, we plan the therapy module which is best suited to the child. We analyze child’s present level of language and understanding. On the basis of this baseline assessment, a plan is made, integrating different therapies to bring the child to the optimum level of his potential. Speech & Language Therapy is provided in the following presentations:
- Speech Problems: Phonological and articulation
- Difficulties understanding or using spoken language
- Specific language impairment
- Social Communication Impairment
- Eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties from weaning, these are part of a complex condition
- Disabilities/diagnosed conditions which could affect communication skills e.g. Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Downs Syndrome, ADHD, Learning Disability, Intellectual Disability
Children who may benefit from Speech and Language Therapy are:
- Misarticulations/ difficulty in producing specific sounds
- Hearing Impairment
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Genetic conditions like Down Syndrome
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Speech Language Delay/ Impairment
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorders
- Learning disabilities
- Oro- motor difficulties
- Cognitive deficit/delay
- Cleft lip & palate
- Cerebral palsy
- Voice disorders
- Swallowing disorders
- Loss of speech post head injury.
Digital hearing aids in Panchkula for kids and old age.
Delaying speech language therapy for your child runs the risk. The risk of missing that all-important window of time between birth and three years of age. This is the age the brain is maturing and learning happens rapidly.
The ability to express one’s self is paramount. Speech therapy may help your child achieve a greater ability to use and understand language. The Child will communicate with others and express himself/herself to the greatest extent possible.